Everything We Know About Wii U
You can read everything we know about the WiiU after the jump. There is also a sizzle reel you can check out.
Release date is November 18th in NA and the 30th In Europe and Australia then December 8th in Japan.
There are two sets:
- Basic White which comes with all essential items including a HDMI cable and 8GB SSD.
- Premium Black which comes with Nintendo Land, Nintendo Network Premium, WiiU vertical stand, gamepad charging cradle, gamepad stand, HDMI cable, and 32GB SSD.
- Basic set will retail for $299.99 in NA, $349.95 In Australia, £249.99 in Europe, and ¥26,250 in Japan.
- Premium set will retail for $349.99 in NA, $429.95 in Australia, £299.99 in Europe, and ¥31,500 in Japan.
- The WiiU gamepad will not be sold separately in NA if you want to buy a new one you must call customer service but expect a high price.
- The North American system will come with TVii, which allows you to watch live television and sports and any other service you are subscribed to such as Hulu or Netflix you can also control your DVR or Tivo, all from the WiiU itself.
- You can use an external hardrive or flash memory up to 3TB.
- Games will retail for $59.99 in North America.
- WiiU Pro controllers will cost $49.99 in North America
- There will be 50 games between November 18th and March of next year.
- The system starts up into Miiverse the Wii U’s persistent social universe where you can see your friends and the most popular people in your country.
- Miiverse can be integrated into games in different ways at the discretion of the developer.
Known Games: List is from NintendoWorldReport
- Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
- SiNG Party (Nintendo/FreeStyle Games)
- ZombiU (Ubisoft)
- Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) – Confirmed on Nintendo.com
- Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- Rabbids Land (Ubisoft)
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) – Confirmed on Nintendo.com
- ESPN Sports Connection (Ubisoft)
- Your Shape 2013 (Ubisoft)
- Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Warner Bros.) – Confirmed on Nintendo.com
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (Warner Bros.)
- Game Party Champions (Warner Bros.) – Confirmed on Nintendo.com
- Darksiders II (THQ)
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney)
- NBA 2K13 (2K Sports)
- FIFA 13 (EA) – Confirmed by EA
- Madden NFL 13 (EA) – Confirmed by EA
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition (EA)
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision) – Confirmed on Nintendo.com; Activision says “out for the holidays”
- Transformers Prime (Activision) – Activision says “out for the holidays”
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Namco Bandai)
- Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
- Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game (D3 Publisher)
- Ben 10 Omniverse (D3 Publisher)
Likely For Launch Month/Maybe Launch Day (November/December 2012)
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Nintendo/Tecmo) – Not fully confirmed, but everything from ads in GameStops to the fact that this game came out on other systems earlier this year makes launch day likely.
- LEGO City: Undercover (Nintendo/Traveller’s Tales) – Mentioned during Preview Event in New York City, which seems to insinuate this is the next big release after the launch day games. An early December launch could be possible. On the other hand, so could an early 2013 release.
- Skylanders Giants (Activision) – This game is not coming out on launch day, though developer Vicarious Visions is planning on it coming out in 2012. Activision says it will be “out for the holidays.”
- 007 Legends (Activision) – Activision says this will be “out for the holidays.”
- Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Tecmo Koei) – Listed as a holiday 2012 release in North America, this game is a Japanese launch title.
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte) – I would expect Trine 2 in 2012, but it might not be out right at launch. It is launch in Europe.
- Nano Assault Neo (Shin’en) – Shin’en lists the game as a 2012 release. It is a launch game in Europe.
- Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes) – Toki Tori 2 is a launch game in Europe, but is not locked down for North America. 2012 seems very likely, at the least.
Early 2013 (January/February 2013)
- Game & Wario (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems) – This is an early 2013 release in Japan, and seems like the kind of game that could fit into a January/February slot worldwide.
- Runner 2 (Gaijin Games) – This eShop release is set for an early 2013 release.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega/Gearbox) – This game isn’t due out until February on other consoles, so the Wii U version is coming out either at the same time, or shortly after.
March 2013 Or Later
- Pikmin 3 (Nintendo) – In every other region, Pikmin 3 was not included in the launch window. That means its inclusion in the North American likely indicates it is, at the earliest, a March 2013 title. Personally, I’d err on the side of it coming later.
- Wii Fit U (Nintendo) – This is in the same position as Pikmin 3. Basically, March 2013 at best, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it slip.
- The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) – The game formerly known as Project P-100 is definitely not coming in 2012, and it is also in the same position as Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U. March 2013 is optimistic for this game, I think.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom) – While this is a launch title in Japan, I think we’re likely to see this hit North America (alongside the 3DS version) around March 2013.